Student recruits actors, crew members for a 'Lesbian Horror Short Film'

Walled Lake sophomore Haley Powell is working to produce a “Lesbian Horror Short Film."

The Central Michigan University broadcasting and cinematic arts student spent a year working on the script. 

The film is about a lesbian couple, Brie and Emily, who are experimenting with psychedelics one night in their apartment. As the night goes on, the couple discovers a dead body in their midst and have to figure out what they are going to do before the sun rises.  

Cast and crew that are needed for this film include: actors/actresses, cinematographers, camera operators, editors and production assistants. Powell mentions that the available roles are Brie, Emily, extras and someone who is willing to do some sort of voice over. 

“This is my first big official project that I’m trying to do," Powell said. "So really, anybody that is interested, I would love to talk to about it."

Currently, auditions are being held as video submissions to Powells email. However, once there have been more people signed up, there will be an in person audition as well. 

All deadlines for this production are completely flexible, but those interested should contact Powell at powel2hj@cmich.edu.

Powell stressed that anyone is more than welcome to audition, even those that are not CMU students. No experience is necessary.

Depending on when Powell is able to complete the production process of this short film, she said there is a possibility of it being submitted for a future film festival.