University schedules forums for Science and Engineering associate dean finalists

et-building-outside

Engineering and Technology building is home of the College of Science and Engineering

The next associate deans of Central Michigan University's College of Science and Engineering has been narrowed down to four finalists. Each candidate is scheduled to visit campus for open forums starting Dec. 1

Students, faculty and staff will have the opportunity to meet with the candidates during their respective open forums. The events will be held virtually starting at 2:30 p.m. on Dec. 1, Dec. 6, Dec. 8 and Dec. 10.

David Ford, dean of the College of Science and Engineering, began the search for two associate deans in Oct. 2021. He appointed Jane Davidson, one of the current associate deans, as chair of the search committee. Davidson will be retiring at the end of 2021.

Here are the details for each forum and the respective candidate: 

Wednesday, Dec. 1- Andrew Mahon

Mahon is a professor of molecular ecology in the Department of Biology and the Institute for Great Lakes Research. He earned a doctorate in ecological sciences at Old Dominion University, a master's degree in Biology from the Universities of Alabama and Truman State, and a Bachelor of Science in Chemistry from Truman State University.

Monday, Dec. 6- Christopher Tycner

Tycner is a professor and former chair in the Department of Physics. He holds two degrees from the University of Toronto: a doctorate in astronomy and astrophysics and a master's in astronomy. Tycner earned a Bachelor of Science in Astronomy from The University of Western Ontario.

Wednesday, Dec. 8- Tracy Galarowicz 

Galarowicz is a professor of biology in the Department of Biology and the Institute for Great Lakes Research, and former department chair. She earned a doctorate in the Department of Ecology, Ethology, and Evolution at the University of Illinois, a master's degree in Biology at the University of Minnesota Duluth, and a Bachelor of Science from the Division of Natural Sciences at St. Norbert College. 

Friday, Dec. 10- Yanna Liang

Liang is a professor and founding chair in the Department of Environmental & Sustainable Engineering in the College of Engineering and Applied Sciences at the University at Albany, SUNY. She has earned degrees in Environmental Engineering, including a doctorate and master's from Utah State University, and a bachelor's degree from Suzhou University of Science and Technology.

Links to the virtual forums are available through the Office of the Provost website.