Missouri hires CMU's Rachel Blunt as assistant AD

rachel-blunt
Rachel Blunt was named the interim athletic director at CMU on Aug. 27. (Courtesy photo)

Rachel Blunt has accepted a new job in her home state. 

A native of Missouri, Blunt has been hired by the University of Missouri as a Senior Associate Athletic Director for Student-Athlete Development and Championship Performance, according to a Missouri press release.

According to the press release, Blunt will have administrative oversight in a number of departments, including: academics, career and leadership development, nutrition, sports medicine and strength and conditioning. 

Blunt was hired by CMU in 2016 as the Associate Athletics Director of Institutional Support Services. She held that role until 2018, when she was selected to participate in the Women's Leaders  Institute for Administrative Advancement. She served on several committees, including the MId-American Conference Diversity and Inclusion Committee. 

At CMU, she helped lead all aspects of the department's Leadership Academy, Fire Up Program, Emerging Leaders and Director's Tables. 

Blunt was promoted to interim athletic director in August, 2020 when Michael Alford left the department to become the head of Florida State's Seminole Boosters program. When Amy Folan was hired as CMU's new athletic director, in September, 2020, Blunt was soon promoted to Deputy Athletic Director/Administration and Senior Woman Administrator. 

Blunt was a college athlete, playing basketball at Southeast Missouri State. She graduated from SEMO in 2009 with a degree in sports management. Before coming to CMU, she was the Assistant Athletic Director/Compliance at her alma mater.