Mount Pleasant arrests made on St. Patrick's Day

shop-with-a-cop3273

A Mount Pleasant Police Department car sits outside Walmart on Dec. 12.

On St. Patrick's Day, March 17, the Mount Pleasant Police Department (MPPD) reported four arrests. 

MPPD Public Information Officer Autume Balcom said two of its cases involved drunk driving.

The third case was due to a man trespassing private property. 

MPPD also arrested a person violating Michigan’s gun law. The violation was labeled as Carrying a Concealed Weapon (CCW). This means the person had a firearm or an illegal weapon that was not  licensed to be carried by that person. 

The Isabella County Sheriff's Office reported three warrant arrests, one case of breaking and entering and one case of operating under the influence of alcohol. 

Central Michigan University Police Department reported one case involving damage to property. 

Besides the arrests, MPPD answered to complaints relating to large parties in the area.

Balcom said in comparison to previous years, COVID-19 has reduced the amount of calls that MPPD would typically receive. 

“There could be multiple reasons why (the number of calls were lower) such as COVID-19, lower enrollment, the city’s plan for full enforcement of local (laws) and less warnings, the day of the week or the weather,” Balcom said. 

Regardless, MPPD has noticed that there are usually not many issues with residents on St. Patrick’s Day in the Mount Pleasant area.