Greek life organizations gear up for week of events

screen-shot-2022-04-10-at-7-57-21-am

Central Michigan University fraternities and sororities have planned a series of events starting tomorrow for this year's Greek Week. 

Greek Week 2022 will include guest speakers, community service opportunities and recreational activities. Greek Life typically raises tens of thousands of dollars for various charities during the week. 

"Greek week is the one time of year that the entire Greek community comes together for one cause," Greek Week committee member Julia Payne said. "There is a sense of community, competition, and charism that surrounds this week of events. I'm most excited to create real change in our community and better the lives of others."

This is the first in-person Greek Week in two years due to the pandemic. 

See a full list of events below:

Monday, April 11

All Greek Photo

• Bennett Track stands
  • 5:30-6:00 p.m.

Guest speakers from R.I.S.E Advocacy and Sexual Aggression Peer Advocates (SAPA) 

• Platchta Auditorium 
  • 6:00-8:00 p.m.

Tuesday, April 12

Dodgeball Game

• SAC Large Sports Forum
  • 2:00-4:00 p.m.

Trivia Game

• Powers 126
  • 6:00-8:00 p.m.

Wednesday, April 13

Pie a President

• In front of the Bovee University Center
  • 10:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.

Day of Service with R.I.S.E Advocacy + donation drive or "Greeks Clean the Streets"

• Various locations around Mt. Pleasant
  • All Day

Penny Wars (Donation drive)

• SIC
  • 10:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.

Thursday, April 14

Mock Rock

Teams choreograph and perform nine-minute dance routines. Winners of the dance competition are announced at the end along with how much money was raised throughout the week.

• McGuirk Arena
  • 5:00-8:00 p.m.

"My favorite part of Greek week is watching the community come together," Greek Week committee member Taylor Dibble said. "We have two years' worth of new members who have never experienced a full, in-person Greek Week so I'm excited to see how they interact with the community."