New president joins Mt. Pleasant Area Chamber of Commerce

1649620020733

Mt. Pleasant Area Chamber of Commerce welcomes Liz Conway as its new president and CEO.  

Conway has over 20 years of nonprofit and managerial experience. She has previously worked in roles such as the director of membership and underwriting for WCMU Public Media, as well as the executive director of the Mt. Pleasant Discovery Museum. 

Conway has a bachelor’s degree in management and a master’s degree in public administration from Northern Michigan University. 

Conway hopes that she can take experience from her different roles in the past to strengthen her work and connections within the community. 

"I think that something that I have always tried to do was be a relationship builder," Conway said. "I'm hoping that some of those skills that I have learned from my past roles will help to make connections and ultimately support businesses through relationship building and serving them and speaking for them with a collective voice."

Conway looks forward to helping impact not only the community of Mount Pleasant, but the businesses the Mt. Pleasant Area Chamber of Commerce works directly with. 

"I've been in Mount Pleasant for nine years. It's a place I plan to be for quite some time," Conway said. "I think the chamber has the opportunity to make a greater community impact and (the opportunity) just really got me excited."

Conway's overall goal is to search and execute ways to help local businesses find success.

"One of the things I'd like to do is bolster programs and look for opportunities that meet the needs of our members and just to continue (to make) Mount Pleasant a good place to work and to live," Conway said. 

Community members have the chance to meet Conway at its upcoming Spring Legislative Breakfast at Soaring Eagle Casino and Resort on May 6 at 7:30 a.m.