After two years at CMU, Vice President of Finance and Administrative Services resigns

President Davies accepted the resignation of Nick Long on July 21.

Vice president for finance and administrative services, Nick Long, points to a slide during a presentation about the proposed Washington Commons project at a Student Government Association meeting on Feb. 28 in the Bovee University Center.

Nick Long has resigned from his position as vice president of finance and administrative services and chief financial officer at Central Michigan University.

Long joined the university in July 2020, following the retirement of his predecessor, Barrie Wilkes. 

President Davies accepted Long’s resignation on July 21, and said the work of the finance division will still continue during the interim period. Mary Hill, associate vice president of financial services and reporting and controller for CMU, has been appointed to serve as interim vice president. 

A press release from the university said Hill will work collaboratively with Lori Hella, associate vice president of human resources, and Jonathan Webb, associate vice president for facilities management, to provide leadership and oversight for operations of the finance and administrative services division.

Davies is beginning to seek out the next Vice President with a search committee that has not yet been named. 

The administrative search for Nick Long cost the University about $91,300 in 2020. 

During his time at CMU, Long was responsible for the oversight of the Financial Planning & Budgets, CMU Police and Parking, Human Resources, Financial Services and Reporting, Auxiliary Services and Facilities Management divisions within CMU.