Central Michigan University offers bivalent COVID-19 booster

CMU is holding bivalent booster clinics at Foust Hall

cmu-vaccine-testing-clinic-21-1

Medical personnel sit at desks, and one talks on the phone Aug. 23, 2021, while they prepare for the COVID-19 testing clinic in the Bovee University Center. Students are required to get vaccinated, or undergo weekly testing upon returning to campus.

Central Michigan University is offering bivalent COVID-19 boosters on campus at the University Health Services Clinic in Foust hall. The vaccine clinic is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. 

Appointments can be made by calling 989-774-6599. Walk-ins are welcome. 

Masks and prior vaccine cards are required to receive a booster shot. 

The bivalent booster targets the original COVID-19 strain, as well as the omicron sub-variants that emerged over the summer, BA.4 and BA.5. More information about bivalent boosters and vaccines can be found on the CDC vaccines and boosters website.

Individuals that are in good health and 12 years old or older are eligible for the bivalent booster. The bivalent booster should be taken two months after the last vaccination or booster shot you received. Individuals with low immune systems should consult their health care provider before taking the bivalent booster. 

A COVID-19 vaccine is required to receive a booster shot of any kind. You can receive the first and/or second dose of the Moderna vaccine on campus by calling 989-774-6599. If you need any other form of the vaccine, they are available at several local pharmacies. Check the Michigan.gov vaccine page to find options. 

If you recently had COVID-19 consult with your health care provider about receiving the bivalent booster. 

If you have any concerns about how to get vaccinated, talk with your health provider regarding which option is best for you.