Jib-Bob Korean restaurant looking to hire

Guardian sculptures sit in Jib-Bob prior to its opening in April 2022. Owner, Maya Denslow, spends every day until dark working on the  sculptures to bring luck and happiness for those that visit. Family guardians can be seen on the left and traditional sky guardians on the bottom right.

Jib-Bob Korean Restaurant is looking for wait staff to hire before its re-opening. Jib-Bob is an authentic Korean restaurant located in downtown Mount Pleasant at 214 N Franklin Ave. 

In November of 2021, Jib-Bob moved to the old Green Tree Co-op location from its previous storefront on Mission St. Owner Maya Denslow wanted renovations to initially be started in December of 2021 in order to be open by April 2021, but due to issues with the builder and scheduling conflicts, both dates got pushed back. Denslow is now looking to hire employees to train before they reopen. 

Individuals who are customer service oriented with around 1-2 years of experience are preferred, but Denslow is willing to train for kitchen prep and wait staff that is being hired. Must be punctual, kitchen efficient, and able to work in a fast-paced environment. 

Job responsibilities include: showing customers to their seats, presenting menu options, giving advice on food and drink choices offered, answering customer questions, taking and delivering orders efficiently and accurately, attending to tables, guaranteeing compliance to cleaning standards, checking quality of final servings, delivering checks and accepting payments, working with other staff members as a team and working to achieve an outstanding quality of service.

Requirements for the job include: proven work experience as a server, wait staff member, ability to build relationships with coworkers and customers, customer-oriented, planning skills, working knowledge of cash register and information system, people skills, patient and friendly with experience in problem solving, in good physical condition, high school diploma, and completed food safety training as a plus. 

Denslow hopes to finish the rest of the inspections soon before having a soft opening. 

“I really want to open [at the] end of this month, but it depends,” Denslow said. “Pretty much everything is ready. Inspections got to be improved and I have to get [in an] order for the food and grocery.” 

If interested in applying, Denslow wants a resume brought into the restaurant or sent to the email provided below. 

“I just want to have [the] right people to involve my business, because this is [a] more unique place and family [ran],” Denslow said, “Good workers are coming in and I do support them, and I do train them and I do love them.” 

“Whoever wants [to be] involved with some different culture, different food, [or] learn to communicate with the customers,” Denslow said. “it might be good place.” 

To apply, please send your resume and references to Maya Denslow at jibbobkoreanrestaurant@yahoo.com.