Central Sustainability discusses Sustainability Month during SGA meeting
During the Oct. 22 Student Government Association meeting, Central Sustainability spoke in honor of October being sustainability month.
Central Sustainability was founded in May 2020, with the department of geography and environmental studies. Central Michigan University is the only university in Michigan to have a student-run sustainability office.
“Our goal has always been to institutionalize sustainability at CMU,” senior Eric Urbaniak said.
SGA's sustainability committee is run by Claire DeBlanc.
The updated constitution and code of conduct that was approved during last week's meeting were voted on, and both passed to become official. SGA members will sign the new code of conduct during the next meeting.
During the announcements
- No SGA meeting next week due to the wellness break
- The We Do Activism event is on Oct. 22, from 3 to 6 p.m. on the first floor of Anspach. RSO presidents should have gotten an email with a sign-up link, if not contact email@example.com
- Oct. 13 student council exceptional children is hosting a board game night in EHS 215 at 7:15 p.m
- Ballet Folklórico is performing on Oct. 12 at 6:30 p.m in the Powers ballroom
- The mock trial team is hosting a grilled cheese fundraiser on Oct. 20 outside encore and the blue gator from 10 p.m. until 12 a.m.
During the house meeting, speaker of the house, Ashley Harvey went over the legislation form members use to propose legislation. Members then broke out into groups to practice creating legislation. This form can be found in the welcome packet on engage. The proposed legislation will be presented and voted on during the next meeting.
During the senate meeting, senators confirmed their office hours. They can be flexible and made by appointment if needed. They also went over the legislation process and where to find the form.
OSTEM is hosting a Coming Out Event in the Biosciences building on Oct. 11 at 3 p.m. Food will be provided and keynote speaker Dr. Toney Butterfeild will be there.