Legends of the Dark returns for its 27th year

dsc-0356-11

A group heads out at the start of the Legends of the Dark campus tours October 29, 2019. 

Hosted by the Office of Student Activities and Involvement, Legends of the Dark returns for its 27th annual haunted walking tour of campus for Halloween 2022. 

The event is from 8-11 p.m. Oct. 28 at the University Center. Students will be taken on a 20 minute tour with a guide telling the haunted stories of Central Michigan University. 

The tour will take students through north campus, the oldest part of campus, according to CM Life archives

“Scarers” dressed in full costume and makeup will be present throughout the tour to immerse participants into the experience. The guided tour is free for students and will have apple cider and donuts for those attending after their tour is completed.

Marketing Coordinator for the Office of Student Activity and Involvement Ashley Harvey said there is more paranormal activity on campus than one would expect.

“It's kind of the closest thing that they are going to get to a haunted house in Mount Pleasant. And it's actually really cool because you'll get to learn … some fun facts about CMU that most students don't know,” Harvey said. 

Students interested in attending the haunted tour of CMU’s paranormal past can sign up for a time slot.