CMU to offer Thanksgiving bus rides to Detroit, Chicago
Need help getting home for break? The Central Michigan University Division of Student Affairs is offering round-trip bus transportation from campus to Detroit and Chicago for Thanksgiving Break.
The buses depart at 1:30 p.m. on Nov. 23 from CMU and return at 9:30 p.m. Nov. 27.
For rides departing from CMU to Detroit or Chicago, the pickup times and locations are as follows:
- 1 p.m. at Ronan Hall
- 1:15 p.m. at the Student Activity Center.
Drop-off times and locations for rides to Detroit:
- 4:30 p.m. - Detroit Metro Airport (DTW)
- 5:15 p.m. - DoubleTree Hotel on Lafayette Street
- 6:30 p.m. at Troy Center.
Pickup locations and times for Returning to CMU from Detroit:
- 5 p.m. at Troy Center
- 6 p.m. at DoubleTree Hotel - Lafayette Street
- 7 p.m. at Detroit Metro Airport (DTW)
Drop-off times and locations for rides to Chicago:
- 5 p.m. EST/4 p.m. CST - New Buffalo - Shell Gas Station
- 6:30 p.m. EST/5:30 p.m. CST Union Station - 225 Canal Street - Greyhound Bus Terminal.
Pickup locations and times for Returning to CMU from Chicago:
- 4 p.m. EST/3 p.m. CST at Union Station - 225 Canal Street - Greyhound Bus Terminal
- 5:30 p.m. EST/4:30 p.m. CST at the New Buffalo Shell Gas Station.
Tickets for rides to Detroit and back are $100, and tickets for rides to Chicago and back are $140. Tickets for any of can be purchased by going to Brown Paper Bag Tickets and typing "CMU" in the keyword search box.
Trips for Winter and Spring Break have been canceled, but the website has not been updated yet. If tickets were already purchased for either of these semesters, they will be fully refunded.
Ticket sales end at midnight the day before the trip is scheduled to leave. Buses will depart 15 minutes after the scheduled time.
Buses coming back from both Detroit and Chicago will arrive at the Student Activity Center at about 9:30 p.m.