University announces next vice president of finance and administrative services

2022-184-0099-mary-moran-hill
Courtesy of Central Michigan University

Mary Moran Hill, Central Michigan University Alumnus has dedicated 30 years to CMU serving in numerous roles and committees. This year Hill takes on a new position.

As of Nov. 30, Central Michigan University President Bob Davies announced Hill as the university’s new vice president of finance and administrative services and chief financial officer.

According to CMU's website, Hill earned both a bachelor’s degree in accounting and an MBA with an emphasis in tax accounting from the university.

Since July, she has been serving as interim vice president for the division. In addition, around this time, she began serving as treasurer for the CMU Board of Trustees, CMU Medical Education Partners and the CMU Research Corporation. Hill will continue to be the treasurer for these organizations in her permanent role as vice president. 

Hill previously worked as associate vice president in the division, where she oversaw accounting services, contracting and purchasing services, payroll and travel services, risk management and environmental health and safety, student account services and university billing.  

As vice president and chief financial officer, Hill will be leading departments that include auxiliary services, facilities management, financial planning and budgets, financial services and reporting, human resources and the CMU Police department. 

“I’m thrilled to have this opportunity to lead the Finance and Administrative Services division in providing the critical financial and operational support necessary to attain the university’s strategic goals,” Hill said in an article posted Nov. 30 on the university website. “I’m especially looking forward to collaborating with my colleagues across the institution to secure a vibrant, sustainable future for CMU.” 

Prior to 2014, Hill has served in other roles at CMU including as associate controller, director of payroll and travel services and manager of accounting services. She currently serves on several university committees, such as the Retirement Investment Advisory Committee, University Space Committee, CMU Endowment Investment Committee, the CMU Emergency Management Team and CMU Leadership Standards Initiative.

Hill is also involved in community and professional organizations including the Michigan Public Schools Employee Retirement System Task Force, the Michigan Controllers Group and the National Association of College and University Business Officers.

A seven-member, national search committee was created by President Davies on Aug. 24 to find the next vice president of finances and administrative services. Hill was among three finalists for the position. 

Note: This story has been updated to correct the spelling of the vice president's name. CM Life apologizes for the error.