Group fitness classes now available

dsc-8473
The Student Activity Center Saturday, Oct. 29 on the campus of Central Michigan University.

EDITOR’S NOTE: This article has been corrected.

Looking for group fitness classes? University Recreation began it’s spring semester group fitness program Jan. 9. 

All classes will be free for students, however, they are on a first come, first serve basis, according to University Recreation. 

Fitness classes will run Monday through Thursday until April 29. 

Here is the following group fitness schedule:

Monday and Wednesday Classes

• Release and Restore is from 6 to 6:30 p.m. in the Wellness Studio. This class is meant to teach new stretching techniques and ways to include supportive breath work. It is recommended to warm up before attending. 
  • Meditation is from 6:30 to 7 p.m. in the Wellness Studio. This class provides guidance through a series of meditations and visualizations to deeply relax and restore your body. 
  • MMA Fitness is from 6:30 to 7 p.m. in MP Fit Room. This is a non-contact class that provides timed interval stations that mimick the exercise selection and structure of MMA. 

Tuesday Classes

• Hatha Yoga is from 6 to 7 p.m. in Rose 134. This class demonstrates a form of yoga that is built on the movement of breathing, combined with the precision of alignment with body awareness. 
  • Strength is from 6 to 6:45 p.m. in the Wellness Studio. This class focuses on conditioning for strength, power and endurance through cardiovascular and muscle fitness. 
  • Cycle is from 8 to 8:30 a.m. and 8:30 to 9 a.m. in MP Fit. 

Thursday Classes

• Strength is from 6 to 6:45 p.m. in the Wellness Studio.
  • Hatha Yoga with Meditation is from 7 to 8:15 p.m. in Rose 134. 
  • Nepali Dance Fitness is from 6 to 7 p.m. in MAC Gym 1. This class features Nepali dances that focus on the movement of feet and body through the rhythm of song. It is also only held the first Thursday of every month. 
  • Zumba is from 6 to 7 p.m. in MAC Gym 1. This class offers a high energy aerobic workout with a variety of Latin movements, rhythms and choreography. Zumba is suitable for all skill levels. It is also only held every other Thursday. 

These fitness classes will not be held during the week of spring break; March 4-12. In addition, for the gentle break from March 30 to March 31, there will not be any classes.