College of business administration holds open forums for associate dean
Central Michigan University’s college of business administration is holding open forums this week to provide students and faculty an opportunity to hear from the three chosen candidates to potentially be the new associate dean.
The three candidates are said to be meeting next week with the university’s stakeholder, CMU’s website said.
On Monday, Jan. 9 candidate John D. Diltz’s forum was held from 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. at Grawn Hall in room 264 and virtually. Diltz is a lecturer in the department of finance and law. He earned his doctorate and master’s degree in economics at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, and a Bachelor of Science in Economics from Purdue University, CMU’s website said.
On Wednesday, Jan. 11 candidate Deborah M. Gray’s forum was held from 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. at Grawn Hall in room 264 and virtually. Gray is currently a professor of marketing in the Department of Marketing and Hospitality Services and serves as the assessment coordinator in the college of business administration.
Gray earned her doctorate in Management from Royal Holloway College at the University London, an MBA from Central Michigan University, and a Bachelor of Science in Marketing and an Associate of Applied Science in Diversified Business from Ferris State University, CMU’s website said.
On Friday, Jan. 13 candidate Misty M. Bennett’s forum will be held from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. in Grawn Hall room 264 and virtually. Bennett is currently the assistant dean of academic programs in the college of business administration and an associate professor of human resources in the department of management.
Bennett has received three degrees from Central Michigan University: a doctorate in Organizational Psychology, her master’s degree in Industrial/Organizational Psychology, and a Bachelor of Science in Psychology and Chemistry, CMU’s website said.
The search for an associate dean for the college of business administration began in November and has been lead by Paula Lancaster, dean of the College of Education and Human Services. Lancaster is serving as chair of the 10-member search committee which includes the following members:
- Hayam Alnakhli, assistant professor in the Department of Marketing and Hospitality Services Administration.
- Abu Amin, associate professor and chair in the Department of Finance and Law.
- Karen Arthur, director of Business Student Services.
- Symantha Clark, a senior, marketing major, BRC peer mentor, and CBA Student Ambassador.
- Aparna Lhila, associate professor in the Department of Economics and director of the Master of Business Administration program.
- Jim Nesbitt, fixed-term faculty in the Department of Business Information Systems.
- Prajakta Nivargi, a graduate student in the Master of Science in Information Systems program.
- Lori Olsen, professor and interim chair in the Department of Management.
- Erica Peters, executive assistant to the provost.
- Michelle Yang, assistant professor in the Department of Management.
For more information, or to attend Bennett’s forum virtually visit cmich.edu.