Coming back to CMU: The second annual Multicultural Career Workshop

dsc00805

CMU student walks toward the Health Professions building on campus on Feb. 13. 

Central Michigan University’s Multicultural Academic Student Services (MASS) is partnering with the Career Development Center for its second annual Multicultural Career Workshop. 

The workshop will take place on Thursday, Feb. 16 from 5:30 to 8 p.m. in Health Professions 1020. 

This event provides attendees the exclusive opportunity to interact with various employers and gain feedback on their resumes and interview skills. 

At the event, students will have the opportunity to talk one-on-one with employers during the event’s breakout sessions for resume critiques and mock interviews.  

MASS strongly encourages those planning on attending the event to bring extra copies of their resume, wear business casual attire and practice responses to general interview questions. 

Assistant Director of MASS Jewel Larkins, who is leading the efforts for the workshop, highly recommended this program for students to gain hands-on experience through employer critique as well as advice on how to expand upon their professional portfolios. 

“I think it’s really beneficial and important to attend because of how much we are trying to make this really direct and intentional regarding the student’s transition into that professional phase,” Larkins said. 

While this event is mainly targeted towards juniors and seniors, Larkins said anyone is welcome to utilize the program. 

Time slots for anyone hoping to participate in the one-on-one sessions are still available. If students are unable to secure a time slot with any of the employers, CMU’s Career Development Staff will be there to assist anyone in the case of an influx. 

Attendees are required to RSVP for the event. Additionally, those hoping to sign up for a one-on-one session for a resume critique or mock interview must RSVP as well.