CMU Libraries to host Artist Talk: Liminal Borders - New works by Clinton Snider

dsc-4353

People line up to get drinks and snacks after Danielle Eliska's presentation, Thursday, Feb. 9, Baber Room exhibition space, inside Park Library. 

On April 13, Central Michigan University Libraries is hosting an artist talk featuring Clinton Snider and his display titled "Liminal Borders" in the Baber Room Gallery at the Charles V. Park Library.

From 7 to 8 p.m., CMU students and community members will have the opportunity to listen to Snider present and discuss his work, including his "Liminal Borders" display, which will be shown in the Baber Room Gallery until May 25. 

According to collegeforcreativestudies.edu, Snider is a Detroit-based artist who graduated from The College for Creative Studies in 1997 with a bachelor's degree in fine arts and illustration and has exhibited and taught art in the Metro Detroit area ever since.

Snider’s gallery at CMU “Liminal Borders” was described as “observing the ever-shifting conditions of the American landscape” on Engage Central. On collegeforcreativestudies.edu, Snider’s work was said to “examine issues of social and environmental transformation within the ever-shifting conditions of our complex society.”

According to cmich.edu, the Barber Room gives students, alumni and/or community members an opportunity to “experience thought-provoking art exhibitions, artist lectures, gallery talks and poetry readings.” Attendees are able to enjoy presentations curated by professional artists and library staff throughout the year. 

The artist talk will be free and open to all and food will be provided.