Dates, times announced for June trustees' meeting

Central Michigan University Board of Trustees sessions open to the public

The Board of Trustees meet on Feb. 15 on the third floor of the Bovee University Center.

The Central Michigan University Board of Trustees will meet June 28 and 29 in the President’s Conference Room in the Bovee University Center. 

Agendas for the sessions had not been released as of deadline; however, according to an announcement on the university website, the Policy and Bylaws and Academic and Student Affairs committees will meet on Wednesday and the full board will convene the next day. 

The schedule is as follows: 

• Policy and Bylaws Committee: 2:45 to 3:05 p.m. Wednesday, June 28
  • Academic and Student Affairs Committee: 3:15 
  • Board of Trustees: 11:30 a.m., June 29. 

Board meetings are open to the public, and meetings will also be available via livestream. To make a statement during the public comment period, complete the Request to Address the Board form online, or visit the Office of the President at 106 Warriner Hall to fill out a request card. 

According to a release from the university, the policy and bylaws committee is intended to review traffic ordinances- like parking fees- and approve the 2023-24 campus map. 

The university also said the academic and student affairs committee is potentially passing a department name change for the Marketing and Hospitality Services Administration department within the college of business administration. 

Finally, the agenda for the full board meeting on Thursday, which includes the budget committee, has the following on their agenda pertaining to the 2023-24 academic year:

• Undergraduate and graduate tuition
  • Housing and food rates
  • Overall operating budget

In addition, the university said they would be reviewing tuition costs for the college of medicine M.D. program for the 2023-24 and 2024-25 academic years.