CMU to host 28th annual Legends of the Dark haunted campus tour

d_legendsdark_photo_10-28-22-1
Senior Nick O'Brien tells students about myths on CMU's campus, Friday Oct. 28.

For this Halloween, 28th annual Legends of the Dark return with a haunted tour and spooky stories about Central Michigan University.

The event will take place from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. on Oct. 27, starting in front of the Bovee University Center. The Office of Student Activities and Involvement organized the event.

Participants will go on a tour to different locations around campus while listening to haunted stories about CMU.  

Event Coordinator for the Office of Student Activities and Involvement Jacelyn Hutchins said some of the haunted stories are true and some are made up.  

“This is a guided tour around campus from different students … at different locations where we’ll have other volunteer students telling scary stories about that location,” Hutchins said. “We have students walking around and scaring the participants, acting out different scenarios at each of the locations.”  

This year there are 70 volunteers involved in the tour alone with a maximum of 135 participants.  

“The tour guides are volunteers that are stationed at the 11 different spots on the tour with about one or two (guides) at each spot,” Hutchins said.  

'Scarers’ will also be present at the different spots as well as walking around with the different tour groups, Hutchins said.  

Hutchins said there will also be security guards present to act as a lead on the tour, guiding participants around to each spot.  

Volunteers for this event have closed but there are spots available for participants who dare to walk through.  

To attend the event, register on Sign Up Genius here.             

After the tour, there will be donuts and cider available for participants to enjoy free of charge.  

For any questions about the event, contact Hutchins at hutch2ja@cmich.edu or Molly Schuneman at schun1m@cmich.edu who both work for the Office of Student Activities and Involvement.