Toy drive for children in need

Mount Pleasant Police Department will host Cram-a-Cruiser

5-dsc-0983

Families write letters to Santa at the Mt. Pleasant Christmas Celebration Friday, Dec. 2 on Broadway Street in downtown Mt. Pleasant. 

This holiday season the Mount Pleasant Police Department is partnering with Krapohl Lincoln Ford to host "Cram-a-Cruiser," a toy drive event to support Toys For Tots. 

David Coffman is the Public Information Officer for the Mount Pleasant Police Department. He said the police department is hosting the event to build positive relationships with the community and with a local charity. He said the toys should be new, unwrapped and unopened.

"We love looking for opportunities to bring smiles to children in need," Coffman said. "This is the perfect partnership for us."

The event will be running for about three weeks, with three separate dates and times for drop-offs. These dates are:

• Nov. 30 from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. at the Division of Public Safety Building, 804 E. High Street;
  • Dec. 6 from 3:00 to 5:30 p.m. at Krapohl Ford Lincoln, 1415 E. Pickard Road;
  • Dec. 14 from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. at the Division of Public Safety Building, 804 E. High Street.

Coffman said police officers will be present at each location to help monitor and participate in the toy drive as well.

"They look forward to personally thanking you for your generosity," he said.