I-Ride offers free rides to polling locations

image
I-Ride bus waiting in a parking lot May 30th, 2023.

From Feb. 17 until Sunday, Feb. 25, I-Ride, a local transportation service, will offer free rides to and from polling locations for early in-person voting in Isabella County. 

On Tuesday, Feb. 27, election day, I-Ride will extend its services to transport voters to and from their voting precincts. 

Tina Hilderbrand, the transportation coordinator for I-Ride, said this is something the organization has done for the community before. 

“We have provided free rides to the polls for quite a few years now,” she said. 

Passengers wanting a ride to the polls should call the organization’s ride line at (989) 772-9441 at least 24 hours in advance to schedule a ride to their particular polling location. 

I-Ride’s operating hours are as follows: 

• Monday-Friday: 6 a.m. to midnight 
  • Saturday: 6:30 a.m. to midnight
  • Sunday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.

The Ride Line will open half an hour prior to the start of I-Ride’s operating hours. 

To learn more about I-Ride, visit their website

Voting on campus 

Central Michigan University will be offering early in-person voting on campus in Powers Hall 136 for all voters registered in Mount Pleasant and Union Township. 

Early voting started on Feb. 17 and will be available everyday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. until Sunday, Feb. 25. 

To register to vote online or to learn more about voter registration, visit the Michigan Department of State’s website

To view a sample ballot for this upcoming presidential primary election, click here