CRIME LOG: Police handled fight, hit-and-run, suspicious activity

d_photoofthedayjk_photo_3-29-23_1
A CMU student walks back from the Student Activity Center Wednesday, March 29 on the Campus of Central Michigan University. Students start to leave campus for the Wellness Break March 30-31.

The following incidents were among those handled by the Central Michigan University Police Department in the period from March 24 to April 3.

March 27

A 21-year-old female reported at 5:19 p.m. that a side of her parked car was damaged in Lot 27. An unknown vehicle hit her car and left. The incident remains under investigation.

March 24

Officers responded to a fight in progress at 3:41 a.m. in Herrig Hall. The fight involved two suspects, who were both 18-year-old males. The victim was a 19-year-old female. There were also witnesses.The victim decided not to press charges, and the case was turned over to Student Conduct.

March 25

An unknown suspect wrote a racial slur on a whiteboard outside an office in the Rose Center near the Student Activity Center. The police learned about it at 11 a.m. The CMUPD visited the site, but they couldn't identify a suspect.

March 26

At 9:35 p.m. CMUPD responded to a report that a resident in Kulhavi Hall may have had a weapon in the room. The CMU Police made contact and got consent to search the room. They didn’t find any weapons.