CRIME LOG: Police handled assault, theft, suspicious activity on campus

housing_5

East Campus housing dorms Herrig Hall sign Monday, May 29, 2023.

The following incidents were among those handled by the Central Michigan University Police Department in the period from March 15 to March 27.

March 15

An assault between roommates took place around 5:50 p.m. in a Saxe Hall that resulted in minor injuries from punches and hair pulling, as well as damaged property.The suspect was a 19-year-old female, and the victim was a 19-year-old female.

The case is closed pending the prosecutor’s decision.

March 17

An assault occurred shortly after 2 a.m. in Herrig Hall. It was a fight between roommates. The suspect was a 19-year-old female, and the victim was an 18-year-old female. The victim had a lump on her forehead and was taken to the hospital for treatment.

The suspect was arrested for domestic assault and charged with domestic violence.

March 21

A parked and locked electric scooter was stolen from the bike rack outside the Student Activity Center, Lot 61. The theft was reported around 12:18 p.m. The victim, a 22-year-old male, called back on March 26 to report that the scooter was returned to its initial location.

The lock has not been found. The victim said he parked the scooter at 6:30 p.m. and found it missing at 10 p.m. There are no initial leads.

March 22

A 27-year-old male suspect was reported for trespassing at 3 p.m. at the CMU Food Pantry. The complainant was a 30-year-old female who was working at the Food Pantry. The suspect used profanity toward employees and was asked not to return.

March 25

A 19-year-old male in the East Residence Halls reported an online fraud at 9:35 p.m. The suspect is unknown.