Lambda Chi Alpha charter suspended for four years after undisclosed incident

The Lambda Chi Alpha fraternity's charter is suspended for four years following an incident at their residence Monday night.

The suspension of the fraternity chapter, which had been located at Deerfield Village Apartments, 3400 Deerfield Road, came after an undisclosed incident Monday.

"This decision was not made by the national fraternity, but by CMU," said an email to members and alumni of the fraternity.

As of Friday, Lambda Chi Alpha members are inactive and Ryan Collins, alumni president, called the charter's revocation a "terrible incident." Because decisions are still being made he couldn't comment directly on what happened Monday.

"We are working hard to make amends and correct the issue," he said.

Isabella County Undersheriff John Tellis said no police report was filed Monday regarding the fraternity and Isabella County Central Dispatch officials said no calls were made to police regarding the fraternity.

Collins said the incident was handled by CMU's Office of Student Life in conjuction with the Greek Juidicial Board. He said decisions are still being made about the future of the group.

"Things are still up in the air," Collins said.

As of this afternoon, the house had been emptied of all fraternity affiliated objects.

A separate email said, "We got all the composites, trophies, plaques, the COAT OF ARMS, chapter flags, etc out."

Calls to Central Michigan University's Office of Student Life, which oversees Greek Life, were not returned.

For more information on this breaking news stay tuned to cm-life.com