Chippewas suffer loss to Eastern Michigan in season finale

Women's basketball lost its final regular season finale Saturday at rival Eastern Michigan, 99-84.

The win brings the Chippewa's season record to 20-10 (16-2 in Mid-American Conference play). CMU will enter the MAC Championship Tournament next weekend as the No.2 overall seed.

"The game slipped away because of our defense, our rebounding and our inability to take care of the basketball," said head coach, Sue Guevara.  "Anytime somebody scores 28 points off turnovers, you're not going to win."

The Chippewas obtained the lead shortly after tip-off and held it for the nearly 40 consecutive minutes that followed.

EMU was on the heels of the Chippewas for the game's entirety, tying the game for the first time at 77 as regulation came to an end.

CMU never led in overtime.

"I told our kids at the half that we have to want it more than they do. To see how many offensive rebounds Eastern got in the last two minutes of the game is very disappointing," Guevara said.

Overall CMU shot 36.6 percent from the field, including 32.5 percent from beyond the arc.

Junior guard, Crystal Bradford had 18 points, 19 rebounds and eight assists.

Senior guard, Niki DiGuilio led CMU wit 19 points in her final regular season appearance as a Chippewa.  She shot 33.3 percent from 3-point range and made all eight of her free throw opportunities.

The Chippewas will play again next Friday and will take on the winner of "Game 7," of the MAC Championship Tournament.