Men's basketball accepts postseason bid to CIT, will host game at McGuirk Arena Wednesday

CLEVELAND — The Central Michigan men's basketball team will be playing in a postseason tournament.

One day after CMU was eliminated in the Mid-American Conference Tournament quarterfinals, it accepted an invitation to the CollegeInsider.com Postseason Tournament (CIT).

The Chippewas will host a first-round game at 7 p.m. on Wednesday, March 16. Their opponent is yet to be announced.

"The community hasn't had that opportunity to come and watch a postseason game in our history," said Head Coach Keno Davis after Thursday's loss.

CLEVELAND — The Central Michigan men's basketball team will be playing in a postseason tournament.

One day after CMU was eliminated in the Mid-American Conference Tournament quarterfinals, it accepted an invitation to the CollegeInsider.com Postseason Tournament (CIT).

Ball State, Furman, Army, Grand Canyon, Coastal Carolina and New Jersey Institute of Technology are among the teams playing in the CIT. CMU split two games with Ball State and lost at Grand Canyon.

The CIT includes a field of 32 teams which will be re-seeded after each round. All games will be played on campus sites, with the championship on March 29.

This will mark CMU's first appearance in the CIT. The Chippewas appeared in the National Invitation Tournament (NIT) last season, losing in the first round to Louisiana Tech. They are 0-2 in the NIT.

CMU fell to Bowling Green 62-59 on Thursday to bow out of the MAC Tournament. The Chippewas are 17-15 (10-8 MAC) this season.

About Evan Sasiela

Evan Sasiela is the University Editor at Central Michigan Life and a senior at Central Michigan ...

View Posts by Evan Sasiela →