By the Numbers: Central Michigan's 5-2 loss at No. 2 Michigan

ANN ARBOR — In its last nonconference game of the regular season, the Central Michigan softball team faced the daunting challenge of traveling to play No. 2 Michigan. While junior Rachael Knapp pitched a complete game, The Chippewas (20-23-1) could not overcome two late-inning home runs by the Wolverines (38-4) and lost 5-2.

Here’s a look at Wednesday's game, by the numbers:

130

The distance in miles between Margo Jonker Stadium and the Wilpon Complex.

2,652

The combined win total between CMU Head Coach Margo Jonker and UM Head Coach Carol Hutchins. Hutchins broke the Division I all-time record for wins (1,440) on April 2. Jonker ranks 11th all-time and fifth among active Division I coaches with 1,182 wins.

32

The number of players between both rosters from the state of Michigan. Central Michigan has 23, while Michigan has nine players from the Great Lakes State.

6

The number of innings it took for the Chippewas to get on the scoreboard. CMU scored one run in the sixth and seventh innings, but it wasn’t enough overcome the deficit.

3

The number of catchers used by CMU in the game. Junior Danielle Marlink started behind the plate, while sophomore Maison Kalina started as the designated hitter. Freshman Kayla Noch pinch ran late in the game.

13

The total runners left on base between each team. CMU left five runners on, while UM left eight runners on the base paths.

1,856

The announced attendance at the Wilpon Complex for Wednesday's game — the largest crowd Central Michigan has played in front of this season.

2

The total number of pitchers used in the game. Knapp was the only pitcher used by CMU, while Sara Driesenga also pitched a complete game for Michigan.

0

The number of losses Driesenga (18-0, 2.42 ERA) has this season.