Speak Up, Speak Out to discuss domestic policy of presidential candidates

imgres

Speak Up, Speak Out will be hosting an open forum for students interested in this year’s election from 7 to 9 p.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 19 in the Bovee University Center auditorium.

The forum will address Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton and Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump’s positions on crime, criminal justice reform, racial issues and their economic policies.

“The forum will be an opportunity for students to learn more about the candidates’ positions on each issue and to voice their opinions on the topics,” said Liz Bradshaw, associate professor of sociology.

The forum will begin with short video clips on the candidates’ positions on each topic. After a four-member panel responds to question from the moderator, the discussion will open to the audience for questions and comments.

Bradshaw will facilitate the event. The panel includes Donovan Watts, president of the political science honors fraternity Pi Sigma Alpha, Haven Taylor, social and criminal justice major; Lawrence Sych, political science professor and Amanda Garrison, sociology professor.

"Student and audience participation is always key to a successful SUSO event," Bradshaw said.

About McKenzie Sanderson

McKenzie Sanderson is the Sports Editor at Central Michigan Life. She is a senior at Central ...

View Posts by McKenzie Sanderson →