CMU leaves Rio Verde Invitational Seeking Better Results

logo

The Central Michigan golf team participated in the Rio Verde Invitational for the first time in its short history this weekend.

The results weren’t there for the Chippewas, finishing last overall against the 18 other teams with a score of 89 over. They did manage 11 birdies as a team however, as individually each CMU player had their highlights.

Leading in first place for the invitational was University of Missouri-Kansas City, who finished 17 over.

Danielle Sawyer finished with a score of two over on the par three courses. Natalie Johnson was four over on the par four courses. Bria Colosky was five over on the par five courses.

Sawyer and Johnson were in the top third of all participants with their scores on the par three and par four, respectively. Colosky shot a 76 during the second round, best round score for the Chippewa’s this weekend. Colosky also led the Chippewa's in birdies with four.

Johnson also had 24 pars which was in the top third of all participants. She finished with a total score of a 79 during round one and two. Overall, she finished at 14 over for the invitational, providing the most consistency for CMU in Rio Verde.

Kristen Wolfe finished with a score of 28 over and Holly Hines finished with a score of 40 over. Each of them had a birdie.

The Chippewas play next in Arizona again as they travel to Phoenix to play in the Grand Canyon University Invitational March 11th and 12th