Women's basketball's season by the numbers

It wasn't the ideal ending to the season for the Central Michigan women’s basketball team, dropping it’s final two games after winning the regular season Mid-American conference championship.

However, the Chippewas still accomplished some things that haven’t been done in a while. Here is a look at CMU’s season by the numbers.

15

The Chippewas were nearly unstoppable at home this season, posting a 15-1 record at McGuirk Arena, which is a program record. CMU averaged 81.4 points per game at home this season while only allowing 66.6 points per game to their opponents. CMU was 9-0 at home in conference play. 

32

It’s been a long time coming since CMU has been able to add a regular season MAC title to its banner hanging from the rafters.The 1984-85 season was the last time a CMU women’s basketball team has won the MAC title in the regular season, and this squad got the job done posting a 15-3 conference record.

43

Sophomore guard Presley Hudson had a stretch where she scored more than 30 points for four of five games early in the conference season, but her performance against Ball State on Jan. 11 was masterful. The Wayland native tallied a program record 43 points, surpassing CMU’s Shonda Long who scored 40 points against on March 9, 2011. Hudson averaged 16.8 points per game this season, which was good for sixth overall in the MAC.

64

The number of blocks junior forward Tinara Moore totaled this season, which is a program record for the Chippewas. Moore surpassed Ann Skufka who had 62 blocks in the 2006-07 season. Moore was also second in scoring and rebounding on the team, averaging 16.2 points per game and 7.3 rebounds per game.

11.3

The number of rebounds per game sophomore forward Reyna Frost averaged on the season, which rnked first in the MAC and sixth in the country, respectively. The Reese native totaled 363 rebounds for the season, putting her at 671 boards for her career. In order to break the all-time rebounding record at CMU, Frost will need 469 more rebounds over her final two seasons.

0

For a season looked promising heading into postseason play, it didn't end the way many expected it to for the Chippewas. After being bounced in the quarterfinal round of the MAC Tournament by Western Michigan, CMU was given an at large bid to the Women’s National Invitational Tournament to take on Wright State in the first round. CMU lost 66-64, dropping its postseason record outside of the MAC to 0-8.

176

Guevara has been with the Chippewas for 10 full seasons, and now holds the record for the most wins in program history. After beating Western Michigan on Feb. 11, Guevara surpassed Donita Davenport’s 171 win mark. The Saginaw native is 176-141 for her career as the Chippewas head coach, and has 299 total wins as a head coach for her career.

2

While it wasn't the ending CMU wanted, most of the team will get a shot at redemption. The Chippewas are only expected to lose two of the 14 players on the roster for next season. 

Senior forward’s Jewel Cotton and Jasmine Harris who won't return. Cotton was named to the All-MAC Third Team this season after averaging 10.7 points and 6.7 rebounds per game, while shooting 57.8 percent from the field, which was good for second in the conference.