Field Hockey falls to Louisville 2-0, losing streak extends

emily-barber

Senior forward Emaily Barber passes the ball from sidelines during game against Ohio University on Sept. 30 at the Field Hockey Comeplex.

The slump continues for the Central Michigan field hockey team after dropping Sunday’s game to Louisville 2-0. 

The loss moves CMU to a record of 0-11 on the season and its 25th consecutive loss dating back to last season.

CMU goalkeeper Lily Amadio showed off her skills with the saves that she made today. 

“Lily had a standout performance today,” head coach Molly Pelowski said. “She did an excellent job back there and I couldn’t be more pleased with the effort she gave us.” 

The Chippewas nearly went into the half scoreless until Louisville sophomore Minout Mink rifled a reverse stick shot into the back of the net giving the Cardinals a 1-0 lead. 

The shots kept coming from Louisville as senior Nicole Woods put the finishing touches on the game on a shot from the top of the circle that put the Cardinals up 2-0. 

The Chippewas were in their defensive zone for the majority of the game but handled the pressure quite nicely, Pelowski said.

“It might not show on the stat sheet, but I’m so proud of our team,” Pelowski said. “I thought we pressured well and executed how we wanted.” 

The Cardinals outshot the Chippewas 27-2 and had 9 corners to zero for CMU. 

The Chippewas will host Appalachian State at 12 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 7 at home.