Michigan OL Ja’Raymond Hall transfers to Central Michigan

bono-2

Football Head Coach John Bonamego walks towards reporters after football practice on Oct. 18 at Kelly Shorts Stadium. 

University of Michigan offensive lineman Ja’Raymond Hall will transfer to Central Michigan, according to the athletic department. 

Early in December, Hall took a trip to Mount Pleasant to meet with the football team and watch practice. 

On Nov. 28, the 6-foot-5, 285-pound athlete was granted his release from Michigan, but decided to wait a little longer and figure out if he would stay in Ann Arbor or transfer to a different school. 

Hall will have three years of eligibility starting with the 2019 season and will start classes in January. 

"We got to know Ja'Raymond well when we recruited him as a high school student," CMU coach John Bonamego said. "When he reached out, we were interested because he will fit in well in our locker room and as a student-athlete on the CMU campus." 

During his time as an Oak Park High School standout, Hall received offers from 11 schools, one of which was Central Michigan. He committed to Michigan on Dec. 5, 2015. 

Hall enrolled early at Michigan in January, but did not see any playing time on the field during the 2017 season. 

Hall was ranked No. 301 in the 2017 class, according to the 247Sports Composite rankings. He was listed as the 30th-best offensive tackle in the nation.