Police release photo of Campbell Hall shooting suspect

28378930_10155998684263503_3650602701329627864_n

Police have released a photo of the suspect in the March 2 Campbell Hall shooting that left two people dead.

Local police are looking for a suspect, 19-year-old James Eric Davis Jr. He is a black man, 5-feet-10-inches and 135 pounds. Police say he was last seen wearing yellow jeans and a blue hoodie. He may have removed the blue hoodie, according to police.

Police say he is considered armed and dangerous. Police say to call 911 immediately if you see the suspect, and do not approach.

Two people died after a shooting March 2 in Campbell Hall at Central Michigan University, police confirmed.

Campus remains on lockdown.

The two people who have died are nonstudents, according to a statement from CMU. Police believe it started from a domestic situation. There were no additional injuries.

CMU police are working with local and state police to find the suspect. Helicopters are also in the area.

The university is advising those who are picking their students up for spring break to stay off campus. Staff will be on site at the Comfort Inn, 2424 S. Mission St., to support families.

The campus community is advised to monitor their emails and websites for updates.

About Evan Sasiela

Evan Sasiela is the University Editor at Central Michigan Life and a senior at Central Michigan ...

View Posts by Evan Sasiela →