Pleasant Town to provide an all-day, local music festival experience Sept. 29

40397937_271414220144546_1268910687027986432_n

Pleasant Town Music and Arts Festival poster courtesy of Facebook

Pleasant Town Music and Arts Festival will utilize the entirety of Centennial Hall, including the parking lot, to provide an immersive festival experience for the community on Sept. 29.

The festival aims to encourage community members to participate in Mount Pleasant's emerging art and music scene according to the event Facebook page.

Centennial Hall, located at 306 W. Michigan St., will feature a main stage with live acts, and a silent disco area with a variety of emerging DJs in the parking lot. Inside the building will foster touring producers and DJs, as well as local bands within the starlight room. 

The event is scheduled to take place from 3-10 p.m. that Saturday, with general admission starting at $30 a ticket. "Ultimate" tickets are also available for $50. 

Perks of the ultimate ticket include express entry to the event, priority access to the indoor stages, entrance into an air-conditioned VIP room with free snacks and water, private bathrooms and a festival swag pack.

Tickets are to be purchased through Eventbrite, as listed on the event's Facebook page, or at the door the day of the event.

Craft vendors and live painters, such as Phiber Printing and Peace of Art Designs, will be scattered throughout the venue. A variety of food trucks will also be available for purchases throughout the day.

Artists to be featured at the festival include Chirp, Cosmic Knot, Broccoli Samurai, Big Sherb, Pineapple Psychology and others.

Detroit-based band Spaceship Earth is set to perform at the festival's official after-party that will take place from 10 p.m. to 2 a.m. at Rubble's Bar. Admission to the party is $10.

Centennial Hall, Magic Mitten Productions, Skuzzy Boys Presents LLC, Adubs DJ Service LLC, ProLux Entertainments, B's Music Shop and FamLee Lights have partnered to make the event possible.