CMU, Adidas renew partnership for 10 years

Central Michigan football coach John Bonamego works with his team during fall camp at Kelly/Shorts Stadium.

Central Michigan athletics and Adidas have renewed their partnership for 10 years. 

Now, the Chippewas will be wearing Adidas shoes, gear and accessories through the 2027-28 season. Adidas has partnerships with each major professional sport in the United States, and college partnerships with schools like Miami, Texas A&M and Louisville. 

Women's basketball head coach Sue Guevara is a fan of Adidas, and supports the partnership. 

""I like Adidas, I think we dress very sharply," Guevara said in a press release. "When we went to the (NCAA) tournament last year, Adidas treated us really well. I think we have a good deal with them, they care about Central Michigan Athletics, they're very supportive, and I'm glad we're staying with them."

Jim Murphy, senior director of NCAA Sports Marketing at Adidas North America, said CMU athletics provides opportunities on and off the field. 

"We believe through sport, we have the power to change lives," he said in a press release. "We're looking forward to collaborating with Central Michigan to find new, creative ways to make a difference in their athletes' lives, on and off the field."

John Bonamego, head football coach, who is often seen sporting a CMU/Adidas hat or sweatshirt after practice, also supports the partnership. 

"I am extremely pleased with the relationship we have built with adidas since my arrival at CMU in 2015, and believe it will continue to grow and prosper," he said in a press release. "Adidas continually provides our student-athletes with top of the line performance technology and have shown their belief in our program without hesitation time and time again."