Behind Enemy Lines: Q&A with Bowling Green WR Scott Miller, CB Marcus Milton

img-3171-copy-2
Bowling Green wide receiver Scott Miller (left) and cornerback Marcus Milton (right) pose for a portrait on June 24 at Mid-American Conference Media Day.

Central Michigan Life's Evan Petzold spoke with Bowling Green wide receiver Scott Miller and cornerback Marcus Milton to preview Central Michigan's 3 p.m. Nov. 10 game against the Falcons at Kelly/Shorts Stadium.

Bowling Green finished with a 2-10 (2-6, Mid-American Conference) record in 2017. 

The last time the Falcons took on CMU was Oct. 30, 2010. The Chippewas lost the game at Kelly/Shorts Stadium, 17-14.

Led by coach Carl Pelini, Bowling Green is 1-8 (0-5 MAC) in the 2018 season, losing to Oregon, Maryland, Miami (Ohio), Georgia Tech, Toledo, Western Michigan, Ohio and Kent State.

Throughout the 2018 season, Miller has caught 54 passes for 860 yards and seven touchdowns. Milton has 37 tackles, 4.5 tackles for loss, one sack, two interceptions and four passes defended.

Miller and Milton discuss preparing for a 1-9 overall Central Michigan team without a solidified starting quarterback in this exclusive Q&A.

Scott Miller

Central Michigan Life: Bowling Green hasn't played Central Michigan since 2010, but is there anything you know about the Chippewas?

“I actually do not know much about CMU. I’ve met Malik Fountain and Jonathan Ward, but I haven’t played them since I’ve been here. I’m looking forward to playing them.”

Is it harder for your team's defense to prepare for CMU's offense knowing there is no solidified starting quarterback?

“It’s different for sure. We like to watch film on everyone, but it’s tough with CMU because we don’t know who’s going to be in those shoes.”

With a 0-5 start in MAC play, what are your evaluations?

“As far as MAC play, there’s a lot of good teams. There aren’t many at the bottom and not many are way up at the top, which makes for a lot of fun and close games. We are looking forward to being in a dogfight. It’s a war out there.”

Marcus Milton

Central Michigan Life: What do you know about Central Michigan?

“Honestly, I don’t know too much. I know they had an explosive offense a few years back, and we have a coach from Central Michigan – (assistant cornerbacks) coach DeJon Gomes. He’s my coach now. I love him. He’s a great dude with great energy.”

Do you have a special respect for CMU since Gomes was recently coaching there?

“Just knowing that he’s had the experience in the MAC and has already been at one of the programs helps me know that he knows what he’s talking about.”

What do you have to say to Central Michigan fans that will be at Kelly/Shorts Stadium on Saturday?

“I’m excited to get the opportunity to play. I want to show them what I have to offer with this team. This team is going to take a step forward. Be ready to play us all four quarters.”