2019 Craft Beer Festival will feature 30 Michigan breweries

Tickets can be purchased in advance from Ric's Food Center or online

img_0645

A volunteer pours a beer sample for an attendee at the 2015 Mount Pleasant Craft Beer Festival.

The sixth annual Mount Pleasant Craft Beer Festival will feature beer and wine from 30 Michigan breweries.

The festival will be 3-9 p.m. Saturday, June 8 at Jockey Alley behind Isabella Bank in downtown Mount Pleasant. The VIP hour will begin at 3 p.m. and general admission begins at 4 p.m.

Tickets may be purchased on site or in advance at Ric's Food Center located at 705 South Mission St. in Mount Pleasant or online. Advance tickets are $35 for VIP, $20 for general admission and $10 for designated drivers. Tickets purchased on site are $25 for general admission and $40 for VIP.

The Mount Pleasant Jaycees began hosting the festival six years ago, and since then, it has raised more than $100,000 for local charity organizations.

The featured breweries include Mountain Town Brewing Company and Hunter's Handmade Brewery in Mount Pleasant, along with many others all over Michigan.

Live entertainment will begin at 3 p.m. with local musician Kevin Chamberlain. A DJ will perform from 6-8:30 p.m.

Food vendors include Dog Central, Max and Emily's Eatery, Pisanello's Pizza and QDOBA Mexican Eats. Free water will be provided during the event.

The festival needs volunteers for security, ticket sales and pouring. Those interested in volunteering should contact Katie Neu at neu1k@cmich.edu. Volunteers recieve a T-shirt, admittance to the event and a sampling glass.

The event is sponsored by The Bird Bar and Grill, Coyne Oil and Propane, the Mount Pleasant Area Community Foundation, Blystone and Baily certified public accountants, My 1043 Mid-Michigan, Wieferich Financial and Rent Rite, along with many other local businesses and organizations.