College of Business Administration Dean chosen

Moberg currently serves as the senior associate dean for academic programs at Ohio University

moberg-chris-hi
Courtesy Photo | Ohio University Chris Moberg

The search for the next dean of the College of Business Administration at Central Michigan University has concluded.

Provost Michael Gealt announced May 17 that Chris Moberg, senior associate dean of academic programs at Ohio University, will take over the role July 15.

The search began in September when Emeritus Dean Charles Crespy retired. Karl Smart has been serving as interim dean since Oct. 1.

Moberg has served in leadership roles at Ohio University since 2007 when he became marketing department chair. In 2014 he was promoted to associate dean of academic programs. He stepped into his current role in 2017.

According to his Ohio University faculty profile, Moberg is an expert on logistics and supply chain management.

He is a member of the Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals, which includes practitioners, educators and researchers in logistics and supply chain management. As a member, Moberg has volunteered hundreds of hours to training logistics and supply chain professionals, connecting with college students and speaking at conferences.

"I donate my time so that I can better support other supply chain teachers and professionals," he said in the profile.

Moberg earned a bachelor's degree from University of New Mexico, an MBA from Miami University in Ohio and his doctorate in business administration from Cleveland State University.