Two former CMU women's basketball stars head to Europe

kjt-6495

Senior guard Presley Hudson, right, and senior forward Reyna Frost, left, command the defense during a game against Ohio Feb. 9 at McGuirk Arena.

Two European basketball teams are welcoming accomplished players from the Central Michigan women's basketball team. 

Reyna Frost, former forward, signed a deal with Italian club Associazione Sportiva Dilettantistica Basket Costa in Serie A2 Femminile. Costa is based in Costa Masnaga, Italy. 

The Reese native led the Chippewas in both scoring and rebounds in the 2018-19 season, with 432 rebounds (13.5 per game) and 699 points (21.8 per game). 

Frost finished her career with 1,519 rebounds, which set the career rebound record in the Mid-American Conference. The former record was set by Ohio's Caroline Mast at 1,223 in 1983-86. 

As for Frost's new team, Costa won the North Division with a 26-4 record and defeated Alpo 146-144 on aggregate in the Finals. 

Former guard Presley Hudson signed a deal with Polish team Politechnika Gdanska in the Energa Basket Liga Women. Hudson, a Holland, Michigan native, holds the all-time Chippewa scoring record with 2,289 points. She also holds the highest single-game point total as a sophomore with a 43-point performance against Ball State on Jan. 11, 2017. 

Politechnika Gdanska, which is based in Gdansk, Poland, struggled last season with a 6-18 record that saw the club finish 10th out of 13 teams in the league. 

Both Frost and Hudson played critical roles in leading the Chippewas to two NCAA Tournament appearances, including a run to the Sweet 16 in 2018.