Fatal shooting takes place at The Edge at 1815 apartment

shooting-at-the-edge-3
Mount Pleasant police officers respond to a shooting April 20 at The Edge at 1815.

A 21-year-old man was found dead by police at about 6 p.m. at 700 Edgewood Dr. after officers responded to a report of a shooting.  

The shooting occurred at The Edge at 1815, formerly Campus Habitat apartments. Officers concluded there is no risk to the public after speaking with witnesses. The suspect has not been apprehended as of 9 p.m. 

The incident is still under investigation. 

Police confirmed the victim was a former Central Michigan University student. Officers do not yet know the relationship between the shooter and the man who was shot.  

The name of the deceased man will be released after family members are notified.  

“Any information needs to be specified by the families before we can make more notifications as to what occurred here,” said Mount Pleasant Police Department Sgt. Brandon Bliss.

Officers were assisted by Michigan State Police, Isabella County Sheriff, Central Michigan University Police Department, Mobile Medical Response and the Mid-Michigan Investigative Narcotics Team.

Note: This article originally said the man who was killed was 22 years old. The Mount Pleasant Police Department later released an update that said the deceased man was 21 years old.