Former Chippewa David DiLeo signs with UCAM Murcia

imr5705-1

Senior forward David DiLeo celebrates a 3-pointer in Central Michigan's 102-62 victory over Michigan-Dearborn Nov. 5 in McGuirk Arena. 

David DiLeo set a Central Michigan and Mid-American Conference record with 337 career 3-pointers and left his mark during his four seasons in Mount Pleasant.

DiLeo will continue his basketball career in with UCAM Murcia, based in Murcia, Spain, the club announced on its Instagram

In his career at CMU, DiLeo played in 135 games, making 103 starts — all of which were in his final three years — he
averaged 11.9 points per game, including 14.5 points per game last season. 

DiLeo also finished within the top 10 in several other categories within the program: First in career 3-pointers attempted (878), fifth in career free throw percentage (.820), seventh in career rebounds (733), eighth in career points (1,604) and 10th in career 3-point percentage (.384). 

Before last season, DiLeo was named Preseason All-MAC West by the conference coaches. After the season, DiLeo was named an All-MAC honorable mention and was named to the All-District 14 Second Team by the National Association of Basketball Coaches.

UCAM Murcia opened play in 1985 and has seen several players move on to the NBA, Goran Dragic (Miami) and Bojan Bogdanovic (Utah) are the most notable alumni of the team. Sito Alonso leads the team as its head coach and the roster has former NBA players Peter Jok and Alex Antetokounmpo.