COLUMN: Watch out Wolfpack

North Carolina State, watch out.

Yes, Central Michigan has been outscored 27-71 against the two Bowl Championship Series teams this year, but watch out.

Last week was huge for the Chippewas. The consistently inconsistent offense put together a tremendous performance against a team that went 8-0 during the Mid-American Conference regular season.

And guess what Wolfpack? You’re not so hot.

Your defense is horrendous.

Against the three Division I teams the Wolfpack have played, they’ve allowed an average of 41 points. Even Liberty, who lost to Lehigh, dropped 21 points on the Wolfpack defense.

CMU’s offense could have just stumbled into its stride. Coaches are saying quarterback Ryan Radcliff has “that look in his eye again,” and it showed last week throwing four touchdowns and no interceptions.

Even the previously non-existent run game was solved with Paris Cotton and Anthony Garland. Cotton was explosive on screens out of the backfield, scoring three touchdowns against Northern Illinois. Garland was carrying NIU defenders down the field with him.

Watch out Wolfpack.

Your defense can’t stop a nose bleed. Kendall Houston for South Alabama was able to run through your defense for 117 yards three weeks ago. That defense is allowing 170 yards on the ground.

N.C. State does know how to get their hands on interceptions (8).

Radcliff will have to take his shots downfield carefully.

Watch out Wolfpack.

The Chippewas are an extremely young team. With every game they get under their belt, the better they become. Senior linebacker Mike Petrucci said after Wednesday’s practice that at first it was difficult bringing along the young players, but now they’re getting the hang of it.

Offensively, the freshmen are stepping up. Freshmen wide receivers Courtney Williams and Titus Davis are making an impact and finding the end zone. Now Garland and Ben Brown are getting in the action.

Watch out Wolfpack.

The Chippewas won’t be intimidated with a big stadium and crowd anymore. They’ve been to MSU and Kentucky. At Kentucky they even came out swinging.

N.C. State is being outscored 41-10 in the first quarter. If CMU starts out fast it will eliminate the crowd early just like Kentucky’s was for a majority of the game.

Watch out Wolfpack.

Head coach Dan Enos needs a signature win in his second year at CMU.

He’ll have every possibility to do that Saturday. N.C. State is weak. CMU found them at a perfect time. It will be one of the most winnable BCS teams they’ll play in the near future. They need to capitalize.

Watch out Wolfpack.

The Chippewas tasted success last week and are hungry for more.