Business Feature: The Plate Boutique

plate_ck_02
Owner/founder Katie Mora poses for a picture amidst the colorful kitchen utensils.

Dreary fall weather has not stopped The Plate Boutique from radiating a welcoming, friendly aura to its customers. 

The outside features a bright rainbow “open” sign and the mantra “live healthy, eat happy” on the windows. 

Upon entering, owner and founder Katie Mora is there to welcome guests that come into her shop. Mora explains how Mount Pleasant residents and college students alike should be paying attention to the Plate.

“Around five years ago, I started 'Around the Plate,' and at that time, I was a dietetic intern at Central Michigan University," Mora said. "Around the Plate started as a blog to hone in on cooking skills. I felt it was important to know cooking basics, and to teach them to other people. I had always envisioned a place to talk to people in person, not just on the blog, about cooking."

120 East Broadway Street, has some other services offered that sets Mora's shop aside from the chain stores, such as Bed, Bath, and Beyond.

“We have nutrition experts on staff that help people eat better and we hand select items that will help make cooking more fun," she said. "We are also very customer-oriented and we are here to help you find what you are looking for. We want to be the store that people come to for kitchen needs and to learn how to eat well.”

Mora recognizes that college students are on a budget. She ensures that all of her products are priced fairly and will be worth every dollar. 

For more information, visit Mora blog at http://aroundtheplate.org.