Staff Predictions: Eastern Michigan

footballvemu_md_03_alternative
Senior running back Anthony Garland carries the ball past the EMU defense on Saturday at Rynearson Stadium.

Members of the Central Michigan Life sport's desk take their best shot to predict this Friday's football game against Eastern Michigan. The Thanksgiving matchup will put 6-5 CMU against a struggling 1-10 EMU team. Las Vegas has the Chippewas winning by 23. 

Taylor DesOrmeau, Sports Editor

Record: 10-1

Eastern Michigan has been able to hang tough with teams like LSU and Toledo in the first half before getting blown out in the second half. Don't be concerned if the Eagles stick around awhile, the Chippewas will control every phase of the game. There's a reason EMU hasn't won a conference road game since 2012. That won't change Friday.

FINAL: CMU 38, EMU 9

Dominick Mastrangelo, Staff Reporter

Record: 9-2

The day after Thanksgiving. A terrible opponent and nobody in attendance. Black Friday 2015 will be a day to forget for EMU football fans. Those exist right? 

FINAL: CMU 47, EMU 2

Greg Wickliffe, Staff Reporter

Record: 9-2

Eastern Michigan has been the doormat of the Mid-American Conference for quite some time now, so the Chippewas should have little trouble routing one of the worst teams in the country. EMU will play tough early, but ultimately CMU wins big and solidifies a bowl berth in year one under John Bonamego. 

FINAL: CMU 41, EMU 17

Joe Judd, Staff Reporter

Record: 10-1

In an anticlimactic end to John Bonamego's first regular season, the Chippewas will win this one convincingly. Those who are aware of this game will know the Eagles do not have a chance in this one.

FINAL: CMU 35, EMU 13

Evan Sasiela, Staff Reporter

Record: 9-2

I will be driving in from my hometown of Saginaw a day after Thanksgiving to watch the Chippewas feast on an Eastern Michigan team that has not won a Mid-American Conference game this season. CMU will make the Eagles 0-8 in MAC play. The three fans in Kelly/Shorts Stadium will go home happy and the Chippewas will await their bowl opponent.

FINAL: CMU 40, EMU 13