Buccaneers sign former Chippewa quarterback Dan LeFevour

qb_2

Quarterback Dan LeFevour

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers signed former Central Michigan quarterback Dan LeFevour on Tuesday. He is the fourth quarterback on the roster, joining Jameis Winston, Mike Glennon and Ryan Griffin.

The 29-year-old was drafted in the sixth round by the Chicago Bears in 2010. He spent time in Cincinnati, Indianapolis and Jacksonville. In 2012-14, LeFevour played with the Hamilton Tiger-Cats in the Canadian Football League.

LeFevour has connections with Tampa Bay's Quarterbacks Coach Mike Bajakian, who served as CMU's offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach from 2007-09 — LeFevour's final three years with the Chippewas.

In recent weeks, LeFevour has thrown passes to former basketball guard and football wide receiver hopeful Austin Stewart.

He was drafted seventh overall in the newly formed Major League Football franchise draft in January. In April, the MLFB decided to push back its inaugural season to 2017.

LeFevour set numerous passing records while under center in Mount Pleasant. His 12,905 yards passing, 102 career touchdown passes, 1,171 career passes completed and 47 rushing touchdowns rank first all time in CMU program history.

About Taylor DesOrmeau

Taylor DesOrmeau is a senior at Central Michigan University, majoring in integrative public relations ...

View Posts by Taylor DesOrmeau →