Three to six inches of snow forecast to fall on Mount Pleasant tonight

Three to six inches of snow is expected between 10 p.m. tonight and 11 a.m. tomorrow morning.

A report issued by the National Weather Service in Grand Rapids forecasts snow north of Lansing and Muskegon which will turn into rain early Wednesday morning.

"The exact amount of snow is questionable (at this time) but three to six inches is a pretty good bet," said Cort Scholten, a meteorologist with the National Weather Service in Grand Rapids. "I would say the roads tomorrow morning are likely to be slushy at the very least. Slippery conditions seem like something to expect for tomorrow morning as the snow could come down quite heavily over night."

Scholten said drivers should exercise caution as snow turns to rain early tomorrow morning, as conditions may be difficult to drive in.

Even with the late night snow, people shouldn't expect the snow to stay long. Temperatures are expected to climb into the low 40s in the late afternoon on Wednesday, Scholten said.

"The (big) question is when (the snow) is going to change over to rain," he said. "Towards the tale end of tomorrow morning the snow may mix with rain, but tonight it may pile up a few inches."

About Jordyn Hermani

Troy senior Jordyn Hermani, Editor-in-Chief of Central Michigan Life, is a double major ...

View Posts by Jordyn Hermani →