Possession of marijuana, intoxicated driving primary citations for last week in crime

The Central Michigan University Police  and Mount Pleasant Police departments had their hands full last week, issuing out myriad citations for possession of marijuana, driving while intoxicated and theft. 

Nov. 20

• A stolen bicycle was found in Parking Lot 15 near Barnes Hall. The bike went missing two months earlier near Grawn Hall. The bike had an estimated value of $40 and belonged to a 21-year-old woman. 

Nov. 19 

• Merill Hall staff called police after smelling marijuana in the building. An 18-year-old man was found with a gram of marijuana wax and a vaporizer. The man was cited for possession of marijuana.

Nov. 18

• Troutman Hall staff called police after smelling marijuana in the building. Police found 0.15 grams of marijuana, and a glass pipe in the room of a 19-year-old woman. She was referred to the Office of Student Conduct. 
  • A man found his car with a broken mirror in a parking lot near the intersection of University and Illinois streets. The damage was estimated to cost $300. No suspect was identified.
  • CMUPD are investigating credit card fraud at MicroChips in the Bovee University Center. The investigation is still open. 
  • A 59-year-old woman was pulled over at the intersection of Bellows and Franklin Streets for failing to use a turn signal. She was cited for driving without insurance. The car was towed by police and the woman was picked up by a friend. 
  • A man was arrested after making threats at the Bird Bar and Grille. The 36-year-old was threatening to punch other customers. The bar called police, who arrived to find him yelling profanity and intoxicated. He was arrested and is awaiting arraignment.
  • A car on West Campus Drive was stopped for speeding. A 20-year-old passenger in the vehicle was cited for minor in possession for having an open drink. 

Nov. 17

• A 31-year-old man reported his bicycle was stolen on Nov. 1. The bike was bright green with an estimated value of $200. No suspect was identified. 
  • A 19-year-old woman in Saxe Hall reported receiving a threatening message on twitter from a former high school classmate who is not a CMU student. The message said the recipient's body would be "donated" and, "I want all of Michigan to see me destroy these ladies." The sender, a 20-year-old man, has cognitive disabilities. Police made contact with the suspect. No charges were filed by police. 
  • An officer following up on an assault complaint smelled marijuana on a 51-year-old man. The man admitted smoking and turned over one gram. He was cited for possession of marijuana.

Nov. 16

• Police were called to Trout Hall after staff smelled marijuana. A 22-year-old man was found with a vaporizer, wax paper and an envelope with marijuana residue. He was cited for use of marijuana. 
  • A 20-year-old woman was stopped by police for speeding. She was arrested for drunk driving after blowing a 0.16 on the breathalyzer.
  • A 20-year-old man was arrested for drunk driving after he was stopped for driving without headlights at 1:53 a.m.
  • A 20-year-old man was arrested for disorderly conduct and minor in possession after he began yelling profanities. 
  • Police stopped a 24-year-old man for turning without a signal. The officer smelled marijuana and the driver admitted drinking. He was arrested for drunk driving after blowing a 0.1.

Nov. 15

• An 18 year-old man was arrested for disorderly conduct at McLaren Central Michigan after he began assaulting staff and yelling profanities.
  • Police were called after Beddow Hall staff smelled marijuana. An 18-year-old man with a medical marijuana card said he did not use it in the room. No marijuana was found. The student was referred to the Office of Student Conduct. 
  • Police were dispatched to a fight between two women in Parking Lot 39 near Cobb Hall. An 18-year-old woman was intoxicated at the scene and cited for minor in possession. 
  • A 24-year-old man was cited for driving without insurance.
  • Two men, ages 17 and 21, were cited for disorderly conduct after police found them urinating on a tree outside Kelly/Shorts Stadium. 
  • A 20-year-old man was cited for minor in possession after police caught him with a water bottle filled with alcohol in Parking Lot 63. 
  • A 19-year-old man was cited for minor in possession after police found him with a half gallon of whiskey outside Kelly/Shorts Stadium. 
  • A 19-year-old man was taken to McLaren Central Michigan after he made suicidal comments over the phone. Police were called by his roommates who overheard him say he wanted to hurt himself because he was suspended from CMU. 
  • A 32-year-old woman reported harassment by her ex-husband, 37, after he moved within a couple of blocks from her and began sending her emails. The woman asked police not to contact him.

Nov. 14

• A bicycle belonging to an 18-year-old man was reported stolen near Carey Hall. The bike was a 26-inch black and gray Roadmaster with an estimated value of $90. No suspect has been identified. 
  • A sprinkler on the sixth floor of Cobb Hall was found broken. 
  • Window Screens in Wheeler Hall were found damaged. Police found pumpkin remains on the ground below. The damage to the windows cost an estimated $75. No suspect was identified. 
  • A 38-year-old man reported his bike stolen outside the College of Medicine. The bike was a gray and black Huffy Supreme with an estimated value of $80. No suspect was identified.