Victoria Secret Fashion Show viewing party brings in 200 students, raffles

vs_fasion_show1

Central Michigan University Victoria's Secret team members gather for a group photo during the showing of the Victoria's Secret Fashion show in the Bovee University Center Auditorium on Dec. 5. 

The 2016 Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show may have been filmed in Paris, but at Central Michigan University, the show took place in the Bovee University Center Auditorium.

About 200 students filed into the auditorium Monday night, eager to watch the show's big reveals. Not only was the fashion show dominating the big screen, but different raffles for items such as underwear, pajamas and shirts were raffled off at the event. 

Free candy, popcorn and energy drinks were provided at the entrance to the auditorium. Students were told on the Facebook event page to dress in “comfy” clothes, such as pajamas, to enjoy watching the show in.

“The goal of tonight was to make it a memorable and fun night for everyone in attendance,” said Brittany Myrick, CMU PINK Campus Representative. “We are setting up a photo booth and plink-o-board so everyone will win something small.”

This is the third year the event has been held.  Trivia and raffles offered students the chance to win to win $200 dollars worth of gift cards, PINK apparel, portable chargers and PINK panties. 

Due to the large attendance the event brings annually, CMU PINK was accepted as an official RSO in October. This showing was their first event as an official organization on campus.

“Watching the show itself in your dorm with a few other people is one thing, but being in a big room with so many other girls, all sharing the same excitement, is something else,” Midland freshman Andrea Bork said. “I’m so happy we are able to have something like this.”

Students were told to get our their cellphones during commercial breaks and be ready to tweet the answer to the trivia questions asked. The first to respond with the correct answer was then given a prize. 

“I think the best part of the night was being able to eat junk food while watching crazy fit woman walk down a runway,” Grand Rapids freshman Madison McCoy said. “One day, instead of watching the show, I’m going to be in it, but first I need to ditch this popcorn.”