OPINION: Stepping foot in Moore Hall transformed my college experience

Well Moore Hall, it’s been quite the journey.

It’s hard to believe that my time here has come to an end. I’ve spent more time in Moore than in my own apartment, and as I walk down the dimly lit fourth floor, I can’t help but reminisce about the memories I have obtained from this place.

From the ceiling falling in almost every time it rained, to the classic red couches I sometimes napped on and to the mystery stains on the floors, it’s easy to guess why this place quickly became my home away from home.

On a more serious note, I think I’ll miss the people in Moore the most. My time in this building has brought me amazing friends and mentors and the people who were once intimidating strangers have become my family.

This hall brought me some of the best professors I could have asked for. If I’ve learned anything during my time here, it’s how much the professors who reside on the fourth floor want to see their students succeed both inside and outside of the classroom. Whether I needed life advice, help with classwork or a break from reality to watch cat videos, there was always a professor available.

From an employment standpoint, Moore brought me Central Michigan Life. However, CM Life was more than just a job to me. It was my life. It provided me with everything I ever wanted and more. It was CM Life that allowed me to transition form a shy, awkward 17-year-old to a still awkward, but confident and passionate 21-year-old. This organization not only brought me my best friends, but taught me how to be a professional. I learned what it takes to truly be a hard worker, and for that, I will forever be grateful.

When it comes to professional development, Moore brought me the wonderful registered student organization, Public Relations Student Society of America. It was here where I learned my true passion for public relations. This organization came with it’s stressors and many long visits in Jim Wojcik’s office, but I wouldn’t be half the person I am today without the skills, knowledge and friendships it brought me.

From the late nights to the early mornings, through the sweat, the blood and the tears, Moore is where I truly found myself. It was in this building where I became a student leader. It was in this building where I met my best friends. It was in this building I figured out my true passions. Thank you, Moore. It’s been real.