Domestic assault and harassment reported in police crime log

Two cases of assault were recorded in the Mount Pleasant Police Department's most recent crime log, as well as cases of trespassing and harassment. 

June 23

• A MPPD officer was dispatched to Ward Street after a complaint was filed about harassing cell phone calls. The victim stated that she had received over 100 phone calls and text messages from her ex-boyfriend. The report has been sent over to the Prosecutors Office.

June 25

• A 27-year-old Grand Rapids man and a 25-year-old from Essexville were taken into police custody for trespassing on the grounds of Wayside Central. The manager of Wayside waved down an officer for a complaint of disorderly conduct. The manager had requested the two subjects leave the property, but they refused. The officer then asked them to leave the property, which they also refused. 
  • An officer was dispatched to South Lynnwood Drive for a report of domestic assault. The suspect had head-butted the victim before left the scene. The victim also claimed that the suspect had also assaulted on the her on June 19, after which she had to seek medical treatment.  The incident on June 19 was not reported until June 25.
  • A 27-year-old Alma man was arrested for disorderly conduct and assault after attacking a security guard at McLaren Hospital. The suspect had been yelling and swearing before being asked to stop by a security guard. The suspect then assaulted the guard by elbowing him in the throat.  The suspect was said to be "out of control" by responding officers. 

June 28

• A juvenile runaway has been returned home after being reported missing on Tuesday. The runaway had last been seen at their place of residence on Monday night.